Български (България)English (United Kingdom)
Problem 446: S. K. Balasubramanian - Fairy
balasubramanian(22.09.2014) S. K. Balasubramanian presents an interesting Meredith with switchbacks, ODT and pinmates. 

446. S.K.Balasubramanian (India)
SH#5                       (5+7)
b) Exchange Qf3 & Sf4

a) 1.Kd4 2.Qxc6 3.Qf3 4.Sd5 5.Ke4 b5 # 
b) 1.Kd5 2.Qxb4 3.Qf4 4.Sd4 5.Ke4 c7#

Perfectly matched solutions with orthogonal diagonal echo! (Seetharaman)

Comments  

+1 #1 S. K. Balasubramania 2014-09-23 12:47
It seems that there is some difficulty in notation. The twin is by interchanging the position of bQ & bS and not by making the bQ=bS as the notation Qf3=Sf4 gives a wrong impression that the bQf3 is replaced by the bSf4. The notation should be Qf3 Sf4 and if the notation does not properly appear then, (b) Exchange Qf4 & Sf4 can be used.

+1 #2 Diyan Kostadinov 2014-09-24 04:48
Dear Bala, some symbols can not be used in the website. Ok, I changed the explanation of the twin as you want even that I am sure that even in beginning it was clear ennough to all who see the solution.
By the way - why you not registrate your username and email in the form on the right part of the website? On this way when you Sign in your comments will be publushed authomatic in the website at the moment when you write them and there will be no delay for approval.
This is also advice to all KoBulChess visitors who want to share their opinion in comments.

0 #3 Seetharaman Kalyan 2014-09-24 05:18
Quoting S. K. Balasubramania:
The notation should be Qf3 Sf4 and if the notation does not properly appear then, (b) Exchange Qf4 & Sf4 can be used.

For technical reasons Joomla is not accepting the symbol you tried to use. :)

+1 #4 Kjell Widlert 2014-09-24 16:05
Klasinc theme + switchback in both solutions!
This is the kind of natural matrix that one would expect that someone already found - but so far, I have not found an anticipation in WinChloe.

Add comment

Security code
Refresh

P1110623

KOBULCHESS.COM

site for chess composition

General editor:

Diyan Kostadinov

Co-editor:

Seetharaman Kalyan

Recent comments